It is currently November 20th, 2017, 12:16 pm Advanced search

How to: Use internal 3TB HDD

Product usage Guides and Tips.. see what you are missing!

Re: How to: Use internal 3TB HDD

Postby aldi80s » November 6th, 2014, 9:33 am

THANKS YOU VERY MUCH !!! :D
aldi80s

Postby aasoror » November 6th, 2014, 12:36 pm

aldi80s » November 6th, 2014, 12:33 pm wrote:THANKS YOU VERY MUCH !!! :D

np aldi80s. Enjoy your AIOS :)
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby aldi80s » November 27th, 2014, 8:34 pm

Hello guys...

I'm here again to annoy you...

Tomorrow would be the Black Friday.. and I'm thinking to buy the hard drive as I posted weeks ago...

I want your advice: I post the link from Amazon, may this HDD ok for my Media Center?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008JJLW4M/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1OVNUXF5MMRDG&coliid=I2APW82XK6GP0C&psc=1

Thanks you !
aldi80s

Postby aasoror » November 27th, 2014, 9:57 pm

aldi80s » November 27th, 2014, 10:34 pm wrote:Hello guys...

I'm here again to annoy you...

Tomorrow would be the Black Friday.. and I'm thinking to buy the hard drive as I posted weeks ago...

I want your advice: I post the link from Amazon, may this HDD ok for my Media Center?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008JJLW4M/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1OVNUXF5MMRDG&coliid=I2APW82XK6GP0C&psc=1

Thanks you !

Sweet price, there is no reason it shouldn't work.
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby aldi80s » November 27th, 2014, 11:13 pm

Great...

So I will buy.. thanks you very much :)
aldi80s

Postby aldi80s » August 16th, 2015, 12:28 am

Hello again

Hope you guys are still helping here with that "old junk"... LOL... but I still love it so much!

I have a doubt... I dont know if I did something wrong... I was reading this thread since the beginning..and I found one thing...

See... I got the 3TB HD, and I just inserted inside.. and formatted from the menu (by the way, it just took like 2-5 seconds) then I started to use it... but months ago.. too many files (images and DVDISOS) started to dissapear... and then some movie files dissapeared weeks ago...

Why?? Did I make a wrong step by formatting it from the simple menu? Should I have to format it from the instructions you gave in the beginning of the thread?

Thanks you in advance :)
aldi80s

Postby aasoror » August 16th, 2015, 11:20 am

aldi80s » August 16th, 2015, 3:28 am wrote:Hello again

Hope you guys are still helping here with that "old junk"... LOL... but I still love it so much!

I have a doubt... I dont know if I did something wrong... I was reading this thread since the beginning..and I found one thing...

See... I got the 3TB HD, and I just inserted inside.. and formatted from the menu (by the way, it just took like 2-5 seconds) then I started to use it... but months ago.. too many files (images and DVDISOS) started to dissapear... and then some movie files dissapeared weeks ago...

Why?? Did I make a wrong step by formatting it from the simple menu? Should I have to format it from the instructions you gave in the beginning of the thread?

Thanks you in advance :)

Did the files really disappear ? if you would connect the AIOS to your PC (using the uplink USB 3.0 data port) would still see the data intact ?
There is two menu options for formatting the HDD, one is the stock "Format HDD" and the other is the "GPT format" under the advanced menus of the semiofficial firmware (IIRC), which one did you use ?
Also once formatted, were you able to access the full 3TB space of the HDD, or just 2.1TB (if so, that would indicate it was formatted as an MBR drive not GPT).
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Previous

Return to AIOS Guides & Tips