Disclaimer: THIS UPDATE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS-IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL PIVOS TECHNOLOGY GROUP, INC. BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS UPDATE, EVEN IF PIVOS TECHNOLOGY GROUP, INC. HAS BEEN ADVISED BY USER OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH POTENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE. USER AGREES TO HOLD PIVOS TECHNOLOGY GROUP, INC. HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES AND EXPENSES.
ALL OFFICIAL PIVOS TECHNOLOGY GROUP, INC. SOFTWARE RELEASES ARE MEANT SOLELY FOR INSTALLATION ON ORIGINAL PIVOS HARDWARE, ANY OTHER USAGE (OR ALTERATION) OF THE RELEASED BINARIES (WITHOUT PIVOS TECHNOLOGY GROUP, INC. WRITTEN CONSENT) WOULD CONSTITUTE A VIOLATION OF THE COPYRIGHTS LAWS UNDER WHICH THESE RELEASES ARE MADE PUBLICLY AVAILABLE.
What you will need:
1) A FAT formatted MicroSD
2) Paper clip or pin (RESET ONLY)How to check your firmware version (Existing TOFULinux installation) ?
1) Open "System".
2) Navigate to "Info".How to update firmware? (From Android)
1) Download the latest firmware file.
2) Copy update.img file to mSD card, connect to the box. For GB based firmwares go to setting -> privacy -> update system -> local update -> update box, it will update automatically. For ICS based firmwares open the APP drawer, go to Upgrade -> local and select the update image file and press OK, box will reboot, you will see the system update screen, box will reboot once update is finished.How to update (For existing TOFULinux setups)?
1) Download the latest firmware file.
2) Copy update.img file to mSD card (don't use USB pen drive).
3) Install the mSD with image in the box.
4) Turn the box upside down and locate the "Upgrade" pinhole at the bottom side of the box.
5) Using a paper clip/pin press and hold the "Upgrade" button on the box, keep the button pressed while turning on the box using the green power button (press once), keep holding the upgrade button several seconds, you will see the system update screen, box will reboot once update is finished.
** The first reboot after a successful update might take up 15~25 minutes, you will also get a "random offset" message during the update, please be patient and leave the box to finalize the initial start-up, its also a good idea to leave the new installation to "settle-in" for at least 30 minutes before performance is back to normal.How to perform a factory reset (For existing TOFULinux setups)?
1) Install the mSD with image in the box.
2) Turn the box upside down and locate the "Upgrade" pinhole at the bottom side of the box.
3) Using a paper clip/pin press and hold the "Upgrade" button on the box, keep the button pressed while turning on the box using the green power button (press once), keep holding the upgrade button several seconds, the box will reboot into recovery console.
4) From the menu select "Factory reset/erase userdata", confirm, wait for the box to finish, then reboot it.How to determine which XIOS DS hardware version you have (M1 or M3) ?
A: Check for the serial number
- Code: Select all
M1 --> S/N: 0002 G X XX XX XXXX
M3 --> S/N: 0002 G M3 X XX XX XXXX
M3v2 --> S/N: 0002 G M3 4 XX XX XXXX
TOFULinux M3 firmwares are compatible with both M3 and M3v2 hardware revisions.
- Note: Ethernet is automatically configured, to configure WiFi use the "wifi manager" addon
- Note 2: Attempting to migrate userdata from pre-tofulinux XBMC builds is neither recommended nor supported and is known to cause instability issues (due to mismatching bases between older builds and TOFULinux). Recommendation is to go through a clean setup once factory reset is completed successfully.