It is currently June 23rd, 2017, 1:33 am Advanced search

XIOS-DS-FW: M3-ICS-030614: Discussion and Bug Reports

General questions, FAQs about XIOS DS Media Play

Re: XIOS-DS-FW: M3-ICS-030614: Discussion and Bug Reports

Postby aasoror » March 17th, 2014, 4:36 pm

Worthamil » March 17th, 2014, 7:19 pm wrote:hey boss .. when you get a chance brother .. can you hit me with the full list of specs upgraded on new box I know mem but forgot how much or what else has changed .. whenever you get a shot if you can .. thnx

Which box ? the M3v2 ? just internal storage (from 2GB to 4GB) and the wifi module (supposedly better but still 1T1R)
Everything else remains the same.
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby Worthamil » March 17th, 2014, 4:39 pm

aasoror » March 17th, 2014, 6:36 pm wrote:Which box ? the M3v2 ? just internal storage (from 2GB to 4GB) and the wifi module (supposedly better but still 1T1R)
Everything else remains the same.

thanks and yes thats what i needed .. thanks bro
Worthamil
Hardcore

Postby aasoror » March 17th, 2014, 4:55 pm

Worthamil » March 17th, 2014, 7:39 pm wrote: thanks and yes thats what i needed .. thanks bro

np Worthamil :)
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby gemini002 » March 18th, 2014, 11:43 am

what the heck why change a good thing?Linux blk screen of death now sigh this box was had added components but its just one arm core not dual what r u guys thinking single core will not run xbmc good at all ..what is eta of linux build i just got 10 of these im thinking of just returning them why release a product that does not work good?You guys are gunna lose sales if you dont correct this for gods sake release a dual core box already atleast
gemini002
Dedicated

Postby gemini002 » March 18th, 2014, 12:04 pm

gotham is only half decent version and lots of repos dont work yet fml..Im sorry i have bought so many of these over the last 2 years it was a great product im just really upset right now not trying to be a jerk just extremly frustrated that you guys would release this product as is ..omg most of the major repos dont work not gunna say which ones but the major ones suggestions pls
gemini002
Dedicated

Postby aasoror » March 18th, 2014, 5:15 pm

gemini002 » March 18th, 2014, 2:43 pm wrote:what the heck why change a good thing?

To make it even better with no additional charge on you.
Linux blk screen of death now sigh this box was had added components.

Welcome to March 6th.
its just one arm core not dual what r u guys thinking single core will not run xbmc good at all ..

Well, most of the XIOS users who went to Gotham will disagree with you. That said, Linux Frodo wont go any where for those would who want to stick with it.
what is eta of linux build i just got 10 of these im thinking of just returning them why release a product that does not work good?

Its being cooked right now, platform development gave this weekend as ETA for the "internal" build. Though if these boxes are a part of your "business" its understandable that you need to protect your investment and return these boxes if waiting for the linux build is not an option for you.
You guys are gunna lose sales if you dont correct this for gods sake release a dual core box already atleast

There is a whole "New Pivos Xios DS Player coming out soon?" thread that has been going on from July .. the dual core box is the XS box.
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby gemini002 » March 18th, 2014, 7:43 pm

hahahahaha you rock..ok im calming down..
How was the box made better new components but what?I know that memory was improved.I did give Gotham a whirl today it made me dizzy until i figured sdmc had to stay or it deletes should be a option to enable not on from start imo.I followed ur advice and ssh into it problem solved with install.Hint hint ppl..some of the methods of install are to blame for broken repos i got it up and running...one box keeps resetting will wipe and flash again..I was actually really surprised how good 1080p stuff works and live stream Gotham is for real..Frodo had hard time with anything in Android on this box B4 ...OK I checked that thread on new box :o hahahahaha dual core box looks so sexy ahhh man...Hope you guys fixed remote it looks nice slim and tofu looks bad ass..When is the new box coming?also is it gunna be much more than M3 . I will bang these ones out and wait...Kudos to Gotham if it can run as good or even better than linux and have efficent android im all for it but keep linux frodo always good to have options even if its 12.3......
gemini002
Dedicated

Postby aasoror » March 18th, 2014, 9:17 pm

gemini002 » March 18th, 2014, 10:43 pm wrote:How was the box made better new components but what?I know that memory was improved.

I replied one post above yours, its the internal storage and wifi module.
I did give Gotham a whirl today it made me dizzy until i figured sdmc had to stay or it deletes

Thats how Android ICS works, mSD gets used for app data as long as its there.
should be a option to enable not on from start imo.

have you checked the user contributed app here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4409 ?
I was actually really surprised how good 1080p stuff works and live stream Gotham is for real..Frodo had hard time with anything in Android on this box B4 ..

Seeing is believing ;)
When is the new box coming?

its already in mass production, so its just about logistics now.
also is it gunna be much more than M3 .

Money ? nope, XS is meant to be direct replacement in DS (so same price range).
keep linux frodo always good to have options even if its 12.3......

Linux Frodo is 12.2
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby gemini002 » March 19th, 2014, 6:54 am

Thanks for all the info bud probably just gunna ssh into it for now ...is it reasonable to say new box will reach retail this month? Will it have 5ghz support and any plans on a 4k box?
gemini002
Dedicated

Postby hscotty55 » March 19th, 2014, 7:18 pm

gemini002 » March 18th, 2014, 7:43 pm wrote:hahahahaha you rock..ok im calming down..
How was the box made better new components but what?I know that memory was improved.I did give Gotham a whirl today it made me dizzy until i figured sdmc had to stay or it deletes should be a option to enable not on from start imo.I followed ur advice and ssh into it problem solved with install.Hint hint ppl..some of the methods of install are to blame for broken repos i got it up and running...one box keeps resetting will wipe and flash again..I was actually really surprised how good 1080p stuff works and live stream Gotham is for real..Frodo had hard time with anything in Android on this box B4 ...OK I checked that thread on new box :o hahahahaha dual core box looks so sexy ahhh man...Hope you guys fixed remote it looks nice slim and tofu looks bad ass..When is the new box coming?also is it gunna be much more than M3 . I will bang these ones out and wait...Kudos to Gotham if it can run as good or even better than linux and have efficent android im all for it but keep linux frodo always good to have options even if its 12.3......

What firmware are you using for 1080p live stream in Gotham? I get perfect audio but slow motion jerky video using firmware XIOS_DS-M3-ICS-030614. Anything over 1600kbps runs like crap. In Linux you can run HD content at 4500kbps with no issues.
hscotty55
TOFUer

PreviousNext

Return to General Questions