General questions, FAQs about XIOS DS Media Play

Re: XIOS-DS-FW: M3-ICS-030614: Discussion and Bug Reports

Postby gemini002 » March 19th, 2014, 10:01 pm

yes im using same fw use latest nightly of gotham streams worked fine for me
gemini002
Dedicated

Postby Worthamil » March 20th, 2014, 1:26 pm

via aasor: Dear all, "03/20/14 ATTENTION: Users with XIOS DS S/N 0002GM34XXXXXXXX, " Android ICS build was refreshed to support your new XIOS hardware. Linux XBMC build was refreshed to support your new XIOS hardware.

Link to download thread viewtopic.php?f=11&t=941

PS. YES!!!!!!!! I CAN BREATHE NOW hahah
Worthamil
Hardcore

Postby Esso1001 » March 20th, 2014, 3:00 pm

Lmao about time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Esso1001
Dedicated

Postby dbehman » April 8th, 2014, 1:33 pm

Hi,

Someone else in this thread posted about getting no video after installing and rebooting. I'm having the same problem. I've been running Linux for a super long time just fine (well I had some other probs) and I've flashed various updates there and have never had this problem.

I booted into recovery, reset/wiped data then rebooted - same thing. I then booted into recovery again, flashed the update again, rebooted - same thing... no video at all.. just solid blue light on the pivos box.

Maybe my unit is too old? My serial number is 002GM32450<something> .... Maybe I need GM34 for this firmware?

Thanks.
dbehman

Postby aasoror » April 8th, 2014, 1:52 pm

dbehman » April 8th, 2014, 4:33 pm wrote:Hi,

Someone else in this thread posted about getting no video after installing and rebooting. I'm having the same problem. I've been running Linux for a super long time just fine (well I had some other probs) and I've flashed various updates there and have never had this problem.

I booted into recovery, reset/wiped data then rebooted - same thing. I then booted into recovery again, flashed the update again, rebooted - same thing... no video at all.. just solid blue light on the pivos box.

Maybe my unit is too old? My serial number is 002GM32450<something> .... Maybe I need GM34 for this firmware?

Thanks.

It should work, but it will give you no advantage over the 110913 firmware, so I would try reflashing back to that and see if it works.
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby dbehman » April 8th, 2014, 1:57 pm

aasoror » April 8th, 2014, 3:52 pm wrote:
It should work, but it will give you no advantage over the 110913 firmware, so I would try reflashing back to that and see if it works.

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried that as well and still same thing.

One thing I noticed that I'm not sure I've seen before is at the end of the flash of the .img file, I see "Random offset 0x96". What does that mean?

I also know that waaaay back when I first got this unit, I was running Android, though I have no idea what level it was - probably something in 2012 I'd guess. Maybe I should go all the way back and see if the oldest available works.

Thanks.
dbehman

Postby aasoror » April 8th, 2014, 2:03 pm

dbehman » April 8th, 2014, 4:57 pm wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply. I tried that as well and still same thing.

One thing I noticed that I'm not sure I've seen before is at the end of the flash of the .img file, I see "Random offset 0x96". What does that mean?

I also know that waaaay back when I first got this unit, I was running Android, though I have no idea what level it was - probably something in 2012 I'd guess. Maybe I should go all the way back and see if the oldest available works.

Thanks.

The random offset is normal.
Have you tried clearing out userdata and doing a factory reset prior to rebooting from recovery ?
How about reverting back to linux would that work ?
Also try removing your mSD card after the update and prior to recovery.
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby dbehman » April 8th, 2014, 2:31 pm

aasoror » April 8th, 2014, 4:03 pm wrote:
The random offset is normal.
Have you tried clearing out userdata and doing a factory reset prior to rebooting from recovery ?
How about reverting back to linux would that work ?
Also try removing your mSD card after the update and prior to recovery.

Yes I've tried clearing the userdata and factory reset after flashing and before rebooting. No difference. I've also tried removing the mSD card after successful flash and before reboot.

I've tried 010813 and 121512 and neither work.. Actually, with those, I get no LED activity at all after rebooting.

I just flashed a recent Linux build (I forget which level), rebooted, and it came up perfectly in less than 2 minutes.

Why can't my unit run the Android images?

Dan
dbehman

Postby aasoror » April 8th, 2014, 3:03 pm

dbehman » April 8th, 2014, 5:31 pm wrote:I just flashed a recent Linux build (I forget which level), rebooted, and it came up perfectly in less than 2 minutes.

Why can't my unit run the Android images?

Dan

Thats odd, TBH I remember one or two similar reports, beside RMA'ing the box there is nothing that can be done about them (well you can connect serially to the box and check why its stuck, but its not something for the non-techie consumer).
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby dbehman » April 9th, 2014, 5:02 am

aasoror » April 8th, 2014, 5:03 pm wrote:
Thats odd, TBH I remember one or two similar reports, beside RMA'ing the box there is nothing that can be done about them (well you can connect serially to the box and check why its stuck, but its not something for the non-techie consumer).

So you're suggesting a possible hardware flaw? Because Linux works so well, I'd personally rule that out.

I'm not afraid to get into nitty-gritty low-level stuff - I presume you're referring to a serial console? How can that be done with these units? I'd love to give it whirl if you're willing to throw some instructions my way (private or otherwise).

I'd really like to get Netflix working on this unit.

Thanks,
Dan
dbehman

PreviousNext

Return to General Questions