It is currently October 20th, 2017, 9:03 am Advanced search

How to: Boot the DS into Recovery

Product usage Guides and Tips.. see what you are missing!

How to: Boot the DS into Recovery

Postby aasoror » June 20th, 2015, 10:19 am

1. Functioning DS:

a. Terminal emulator (or via SSH or Telnet)

Code: Select all
su
reboot recovery

b. Reboot Recovery

2. Semi-bricked DS:

- Shutdown the DS (Press the green power button for DS-M1 or Unplug the power cord for DS-M3).
- Turn the box upside down and locate the "Upgrade" pinhole at the bottom side of the box.

- Using a paper clip/pin press and hold the "Upgrade" button on the box, keep the button pressed while turning on the box, using the green power button for DS-M1 or replug the cord for DS-M3, keep holding the upgrade button several seconds, the box will reboot into recovery console.

aasoror
Pivos Employee

Re: How to: Boot the DS into Recovery

Postby phils » June 23rd, 2015, 6:05 am

Regarding the paperclip method, do you have to use the green button or will simply unplugging and plugging in work just as well? I ask because I had a few problems doing it the plugging in way.

Phils
phils
Dedicated

Postby aasoror » June 23rd, 2015, 6:32 am

phils » June 23rd, 2015, 9:05 am wrote:Regarding the paperclip method, do you have to use the green button or will simply unplugging and plugging in work just as well? I ask because I had a few problems doing it the plugging in way.

DS-M1 can use either.
DS-M3 can only unplug/replug.
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby DigitalDude » June 14th, 2016, 9:18 pm

Inherited a XIOS DS M3 and bought a missing power supply online. Had a USB dongle mini wireless remote/keyboard.
On initial power up all I see is the Pivos splash screen and it loops back constantly.

I tried several upgrade.img on a uSD card and tried the upgrade button pinhole several times.

It never seems to get into the recovery mode.

Other things to try??
DigitalDude

Postby aasoror » June 15th, 2016, 8:49 am

DigitalDude » June 15th, 2016, 12:18 am wrote:Inherited a XIOS DS M3 and bought a missing power supply online. Had a USB dongle mini wireless remote/keyboard.
On initial power up all I see is the Pivos splash screen and it loops back constantly.

I tried several upgrade.img on a uSD card and tried the upgrade button pinhole several times.

It never seems to get into the recovery mode.

Other things to try??

Try without a mSD card at all, make sure you can feel the button underneath the pinhole "pressed/depressed". If you can't reach recovery (even without mSD card) this indicated a messed up recovery partition which is beyond repair.

Best of luck,
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Return to XIOS DS Guides and Tips