It is currently April 25th, 2017, 3:24 am Advanced search
centrino » May 20th, 2013, 12:41 pm wrote:Is there any plans on a new unit in the next 6 months or so? I own one and possibly looking to get another but I wouldn't want to get one if there is another unit in the works. I wouldn't mind a faster unit as the box seems a bit slow if you use any of the other xbmc skins, overall it could really be a bit quicker. Just wondering if you guys have any idea. Thanks.
XFlak wrote:Do you currently have an M1 or an M3?
centrino » May 20th, 2013, 8:15 pm wrote:I have an M3 and I think it's great but I already wasted money on an ATV3 last year which is pretty much just collecting dust right now and I don't want to get another xios if another one is in the works. I could wait for a new one if its coming in the near future.
xbmc4u » May 20th, 2013, 9:10 pm wrote:
Considering that there are already AML based dual core boxes available at the corner computer store and Geniatech (who basically manufactures all these boxes) has already announced a quad core version by May (hang on, isn't that now). I would expect some higher end boxes coming out soon.
The question really is will there be a XBMC Linux version available. The dual core boxes already run XBMC on Android with H/W Acceleration but there is no XBMC Linux available, I'm assuming that Pivos is holding those cards close until they get a MX kernel build (And pivos version of the ATV520), which is probably already on github but marked as private.
Go Pivos Go!
draco76 » May 21st, 2013, 5:00 pm wrote:I asked this before and the round about answer was they will wait until the current xios is out of beta and stable. Pivos also eluded to new hardware may not be called xios ds. With latest firmware and xbmc beta versions just released it may be getting closer. Guessing we may be waiting close to year for new hardware. Pivos will not release any real info until its actually being released as that will hurt their business. M3 are pretty good aside of weak WiFi running on ICS. M1 are not worth the time for streaming anything except local media as it has too small cache buffers and slower CPU. Good luck I may grab another m3 if I can get for 80 or less but would love a beefier box to make everything smoother and effortless.
centrino » May 21st, 2013, 6:06 pm wrote:Thanks, well I guess that's fine, we'll wait and see.
centrino » May 21st, 2013, 10:00 am wrote:
So far I'll hold off, hopefully I'll hear something from a Pivos employee
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest