It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 1:33 pm Advanced search

Tofu?

Whatever doesn't fit into any of the other forums.

Tofu?

Postby idledragon » October 19th, 2013, 2:16 pm

What is the story with Tofu? Is it totally separate from android or XBMC? I'm assuming we'll new devices soon?

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11230764.htm
idledragon
 
Posts: 6
Joined: September 17th, 2013, 8:16 pm

Re: Tofu?

Postby aasoror » October 21st, 2013, 10:30 am

idledragon wrote:What is the story with Tofu?

Its Pivos own take on XBMC ;)
Is it totally separate from android

Nope, it runs on Android
or XBMC?

Yup, its separate from XBMC
I'm assuming we'll new devices soon?

Yup you will
User avatar
aasoror
Pivos Employee
 
Posts: 14215
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 5:18 pm

Re: Tofu?

Postby draco76 » October 21st, 2013, 11:23 am

idledragon » October 19th, 2013, 4:16 pm wrote:What is the story with Tofu? Is it totally separate from android or XBMC? I'm assuming we'll new devices soon?

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11230764.htm

Its light, airy, chewy, and bland ;) what does tofu stand for? Is it short for something? Will tofu be used on xios successor or just on playjam game stick?
draco76
Hardcore
 
Posts: 188
Joined: February 28th, 2013, 2:38 pm

Re: Tofu?

Postby aasoror » October 21st, 2013, 4:31 pm

draco76 » October 21st, 2013, 2:23 pm wrote:what does tofu stand for? Is it short for something?

Tired Of F**ked Up cloner and leeches, now we can sue their pants off :twisted: .
Will tofu be used on xios successor

Yup
User avatar
aasoror
Pivos Employee
 
Posts: 14215
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 5:18 pm

Re: Tofu?

Postby draco76 » October 21st, 2013, 5:17 pm

aasoror » October 21st, 2013, 6:31 pm wrote:Tired Of F**ked Up cloner and leeches, now we can sue their pants off :twisted: .

Yup
Lol well said. Am I to assume third party addons will not be compatible? I already know you will not support them. Just wondering if I will have to run xbmc to still use them or if tofu will maintain compatibility with xbmc mainline like the pivos signed one does today?
draco76
Hardcore
 
Posts: 188
Joined: February 28th, 2013, 2:38 pm

Re: Tofu?

Postby aasoror » October 21st, 2013, 5:35 pm

draco76 » October 21st, 2013, 8:17 pm wrote: Lol well said. Am I to assume third party addons will not be compatible? I already know you will not support them. Just wondering if I will have to run xbmc to still use them or if tofu will maintain compatibility with xbmc mainline like the pivos signed one does today?

For OEM they get to decide what they want.
For retail its still on the table (but chances are it will be "your own hardware, your own way" as it is right now).
User avatar
aasoror
Pivos Employee
 
Posts: 14215
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 5:18 pm

Re: Tofu?

Postby idledragon » October 21st, 2013, 7:03 pm

Yup, its separate from XBMC

So does that mean we will be restricted to what Pivos allows for addons? I'm just thinking XBMC allows some pretty good flexibility to what I want to add.
idledragon
 
Posts: 6
Joined: September 17th, 2013, 8:16 pm

Re: Tofu?

Postby aasoror » October 21st, 2013, 8:21 pm

idledragon » October 21st, 2013, 10:03 pm wrote:So does that mean we will be restricted to what Pivos allows for addons? I'm just thinking XBMC allows some pretty good flexibility to what I want to add.

Read one post above yours ;)
User avatar
aasoror
Pivos Employee
 
Posts: 14215
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 5:18 pm

Re: Tofu?

Postby idledragon » October 22nd, 2013, 6:16 pm

Well, If beta testers are ever needed - I'd be willing to step up to the plate and make the sacrafice. :D
idledragon
 
Posts: 6
Joined: September 17th, 2013, 8:16 pm

Re: Tofu?

Postby zapper222 » October 23rd, 2013, 12:53 pm

So would a plugin say like.....oh lets make one up......2Channel work on this new TOFU system ?
And would we have to run through Android or would we get a linux version that would boot directly into TOFU.

TOFU....not bad.......what about Un-copiable Program Using Reliable Software. :D
zapper222
TOFUer
 
Posts: 230
Joined: April 13th, 2013, 8:03 am

Next

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest