Option A: manual update
XS cache partition is mounted at the "/cache" folder.
You can access the "/cache" folder on the XS using "ES File Explorer"
- First make sure you enable you have "root explorer" enabled
- next browse to the location where you have your update image downloaded and copy it.
- next browse all the way up and down to "/cache" and paste the update image.
- next reboot into recovery (using any of the applicable options detailed here).
- Apply firmware update from cache.
- Once successful remember to erase cache before rebooting the XS.
Option B: automated update
- Open Terminal emulator (or via SSH or Telnet) then navigate to the location where the update image resides (assume update.img file name) then execute the following:
- Code: Select all
wget http://www.pivosforums.com/download/file.php?id=642 -O freeflash_TOFUOS.sh
chmod 755 freeflash_TOFUOS.sh
Script will copy the update image to cache then auto reboot the box into recovery, flash the image, erase cache and reboot itself once more when done.
Note: The above is a TOFUOS only procedure, for TOFULinux free flash please read here: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=5112&p=46562#p46562