It is currently October 20th, 2017, 9:11 am Advanced search

settings will not save

Everything related to running TOFU for Linux on XIOS DS

settings will not save

Postby mickw99 » February 15th, 2016, 4:50 pm

I'm having issues with the settings not saving. the time, back grounds and icons everytime i restart the box it's all gone. I have everything on an sd card have at least 7 gigs left on it. any suggestions?
mickw99

Re: settings will not save

Postby aasoror » February 15th, 2016, 7:58 pm

I get it you are using tofu-data folder redirection ? and you have cleared up internal storage after the data copy/redirection completed successfully ?
When this issue happens its usually internal storage related, but if you are already redirected (and cleared internal storage) then try a different (preferably higher speed) mSD card, if the mSD card is not fast enough to mount or the tofu-data folder not accessible for whatever reasons at boot time then TOFULinux will just assume there is no folder to start with and will use internal storage instead (which you have already cleared up).
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby mickw99 » February 15th, 2016, 10:43 pm

yes i'm using the tofu-data folder. I cleared the internal storage so i will try a different sd card. i have removed the sd card when it boots and there is nothing there.
mickw99

Postby Smiley » September 16th, 2017, 5:46 pm

Having the same issue with saving my setting and losing them after a reboot or power up.

I lost my Region, Country, Time Zone, Screen Saver Time, Screen Zoom % and the Aeon Nox Skin on every reboot.

I did find that turning off the "Auto Clean" option upon boot up of a current build allowed the settings to remain after a reboot.

I had to turn off "Auto Clean" and reboot before changing the settings a final time.
Smiley
Curious

Postby aasoror » September 17th, 2017, 9:18 am

Smiley » September 16th, 2017, 7:46 pm wrote:Having the same issue with saving my setting and losing them after a reboot or power up.

I lost my Region, Country, Time Zone, Screen Saver Time, Screen Zoom % and the Aeon Nox Skin on every reboot.

I did find that turning off the "Auto Clean" option upon boot up of a current build allowed the settings to remain after a reboot.

I had to turn off "Auto Clean" and reboot before changing the settings a final time.

Where does that auto-clean option coming from ? you are not using one unofficial/unsupported/non-endorsed addons/wizards aren't you ?! :)
Anyway, unless something else is messed up, losing settings upon reboot is a sign of "full" storage.
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Return to TOFULinux on XIOS DS