It is currently August 22nd, 2014, 12:37 pm Advanced search

Dead xios

General questions, FAQs about XIOS DS Media Play

Dead xios

Postby bobjonson » February 20th, 2013, 11:08 am

Hi all, I have just received a new Xios ds today, unboxed it and plugged in, but nothing!!
:cry:
No power LED, but there is a faint red led glow behind the exclamation mark!!

Ive held in reset, unplugged etc, but nothing? Any ideas or is it back to the seller?

Thanks.
bobjonson
 
Posts: 1
Joined: February 20th, 2013, 10:57 am

Re: Dead xios

Postby aasoror » February 20th, 2013, 2:09 pm

DOA.
Get the seller to replace it.
Sorry about that.
The AIOS wiki - The AIOS Semiofficial firmwares
Calling upon ALL AIOSers, your feedback is needed -- Calling upon ALL XIOSers, your feedback is needed
XIOS XBMC: Setup -- Keep the annoying XIOS developers happy, always attach a log with your bug report, here is how.
User avatar
aasoror
Pivos Employee
 
Posts: 12103
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 5:18 pm

Re: Dead xios

Postby cartman413 » April 6th, 2013, 10:36 am

Hello,

I just received 2 boxes in a row that have this behavior. when I plug it in, just the orange exclamation light shows up. nothing else. there was a note in the box saying to update the firmware before i begin so I tried doing the fimware update via micro sd. and nothing happen. I just get the orange exclamation point and a blue light over the two squares symbol.

Please advise if it sounds like i'm just really unlucky getting two DOA units in a row?
cartman413
 
Posts: 17
Joined: April 5th, 2013, 11:46 am

Re: Dead xios

Postby aasoror » April 6th, 2013, 11:17 am

cartman413 » April 6th, 2013, 1:36 pm wrote:Hello,

I just received 2 boxes in a row that have this behavior. when I plug it in, just the orange exclamation light shows up. nothing else. there was a note in the box saying to update the firmware before i begin so I tried doing the fimware update via micro sd. and nothing happen. I just get the orange exclamation point and a blue light over the two squares symbol.

Please advise if it sounds like i'm just really unlucky getting two DOA units in a row?


Which retailer was that ?
Please post the units S/Ns (if you still have them)
Its DOA :(
The AIOS wiki - The AIOS Semiofficial firmwares
Calling upon ALL AIOSers, your feedback is needed -- Calling upon ALL XIOSers, your feedback is needed
XIOS XBMC: Setup -- Keep the annoying XIOS developers happy, always attach a log with your bug report, here is how.
User avatar
aasoror
Pivos Employee
 
Posts: 12103
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 5:18 pm

Re: Dead xios

Postby cartman413 » April 6th, 2013, 12:31 pm

Both from amazon (one a replacement for the first) so a real bummer.

S/N 0002GM3310011863
S/N 0002GM3310011110

Also, maybe you can answer this question. i noticed some clear spaces on the top of the remote. do those normally light up when remote buttons are pressed?
cartman413
 
Posts: 17
Joined: April 5th, 2013, 11:46 am

Re: Dead xios

Postby aasoror » April 6th, 2013, 12:36 pm

cartman413 » April 6th, 2013, 3:31 pm wrote:Both from amazon (one a replacement for the first) so a real bummer.

S/N 0002GM3310011863
S/N 0002GM3310011110

Also, maybe you can answer this question. i noticed some clear spaces on the top of the remote. do those normally light up when remote buttons are pressed?


were this from the new stock received couple of days ago ?

The clear spaces are for the XIOS Sense remote, it shares the very same housing with the stock remote.
The AIOS wiki - The AIOS Semiofficial firmwares
Calling upon ALL AIOSers, your feedback is needed -- Calling upon ALL XIOSers, your feedback is needed
XIOS XBMC: Setup -- Keep the annoying XIOS developers happy, always attach a log with your bug report, here is how.
User avatar
aasoror
Pivos Employee
 
Posts: 12103
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 5:18 pm

Re: Dead xios

Postby cartman413 » April 6th, 2013, 12:55 pm

Yes I believe they are new stock. It was on back
Order when I placed my initial order.
cartman413
 
Posts: 17
Joined: April 5th, 2013, 11:46 am

Re: Dead xios

Postby draco76 » April 7th, 2013, 12:31 pm

aasoror » April 6th, 2013, 2:36 pm wrote:
were this from the new stock received couple of days ago ?

The clear spaces are for the XIOS Sense remote, it shares the very same housing with the stock remote.

Not just Amazon. NCIX first shipped a M1 same issue but sent me working M1 replacement. Regardless the xios DS is worth the wait!
draco76
TOFUer
 
Posts: 155
Joined: February 28th, 2013, 2:38 pm

Re: Dead xios

Postby cartman413 » April 8th, 2013, 11:47 am

AMZN customer service is sending me a 3rd unit, hopefully 3rd time is a charm and it was just plain bad luck.

Got to give props to amzn cust service. very helpful when stuff like this happens.
cartman413
 
Posts: 17
Joined: April 5th, 2013, 11:46 am

Re: Dead xios

Postby TheWarlu » April 12th, 2013, 3:57 pm

Hi,
Just got a new XIOS M3. I seem to have the same issue. After applying power, I only have the "!" light on and what seems to be some bledding on the other 2.

Image
If I press the "Upgrade" button I am able to get the 3rd light on (blue led) but still nothing. I've been waiting 3 weeks in BO for this. Is this DOA as well? Is there an issue with the new batch?


Serial: 0002GM3310011xxx

Please tell me there is a fix?
TheWarlu
 
Posts: 7
Joined: April 12th, 2013, 3:44 pm

Next

Return to General Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests