It is currently May 28th, 2017, 5:10 pm Advanced search

NEW Remote swap

For questions about Product Returns, Warranty and Rebate Issues.

NEW Remote swap

Postby sintarklaws » October 5th, 2012, 10:52 am

Hi, I just bought my AIOS recently from NCIX and I just found out that there were two versions and I got the older one (you'd think that by now they would be selling only the newer ones?). I just sent my MIR recently and since the barcode is missing, I obviously can't do an exchange (and hope to get the new remote). Any chance I can get the remotes swapped WITHOUT having to pay for it? Thanks.
sintarklaws

Re: NEW Remote swap

Postby aasoror » October 5th, 2012, 11:29 am

Actually that wouldn't be fair to the few hundreds of users who already paid the $10 for the remote swap.

You should have resolved this with NCIX before sending the MIR, though technically they are not doing anything wrong because they never advertised the new remote on their product page. That said its indeed odd that they still have such old stock, was that instore purchase or online one ?

One of reasons Pivos recently raised the MIR from $20 to $30 is to make those paying $10 for the remote upgrade not feel too bad doing it, they are practically paying you for the upgrade whether or not you had to do it.

Regardless, if you end up really not liking the original remote and upgrade is not an option for you, you can always use the web remote (bundled with semiofficial firmware R21) or use a learning remote (Harmony .. etc)
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Return to RMA Support and Rebates