It is currently April 25th, 2017, 3:20 pm Advanced search

Amazon is not an eligible merchant for the $20 rebate?

For questions about Product Returns, Warranty and Rebate Issues.

Amazon is not an eligible merchant for the $20 rebate?

Postby danskim » March 3rd, 2012, 4:12 pm

Why is Amazon not (or no longer) an eligible merchant for the rebate?
danskim

Re: Amazon is not an eligible merchant for the $20 rebate?

Postby aasoror » March 3rd, 2012, 9:51 pm

Who said so ?
Have the T&C changed ?

his mail-in rebate offer is valid only with purchases between February 15, 2012 and March 31, 2012 on AIOS Media Center by Pivos Technology Group, Inc. by an end user customer at a participating retailer. Eligible Participants: To qualify for this Pivos Technology Visa® Virtual Account, end users must be 18 years of age or older. Only the actual purchaser of the qualifying product may participate. End users must keep copies of all materials sent. Materials received become the property of Pivos and will not be returned. Please allow 10-12 weeks for processing and delivery. Pivos is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected mail. Use of multiple addresses to obtain multiple rebates is fraudulent and could result in federal prosecution under the U.S. and Canadian Mail Fraud statutes. PO Boxes are not accepted for this promotion. To check your submission status, log onto pivos.mycheckstatus.com or email your submission information to rebates@pivosgroup.com. Restrictions: Limit one Pivos Technology Visa® Virtual Account per qualifying purchase per unique product. Limit one Pivos Technology Visa® Virtual Account per product per household. Pivos Technology Visa® Virtual Account issued in U.S. and Canadian currency. Valid while supplies last for purchases made in the United States and Canada. Promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Submissions must be postmarked within 21 days of purchase date to qualify. Submissions mailed in after 21 days of purchase date will be denied. Not valid with any other offer. This virtual account is issued by The PrivateBank and Trust Company pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A Inc. Virtual accounts can be used for Internet and mail order/telephone order purchases. Disclaimer: Pivos Technology Inc. products may not be returned for refund once the request has been submitted. Failure to submit any of the requested documentation will delay or prevent the card issuance. Pivos also reserves the right to interpret the rules of this promotion at its sole discretion and all decisions made by Pivos are final. Pivos is not responsible for any liabilities, taxes or expenses incurred by end user as a result of this promotion.
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby yuc168 » March 6th, 2012, 12:29 pm

I also wanted to verify this prior to purchasing.

In the online rebate submission, I did not see Amazon.com listed in the "Origin of Purchase (Retailer)" section under "Purchase Information". The list of participating retailer choices offered are:

canadacomputers.ca
canadacomputers.com
circuitcity.com
CompUSA B&M
compusa.com
directcanada.ca
directcanada.com
ncix.ca
ncix.com
Netlink Computer B&M
newegg.ca
newegg.com
Tiger Direct B&M
tigerdirect.ca
tigerdirect.com

I emailed the question to rebates@pivosgroup.com and received the reply that Amazon.com is not a participating retailer.
yuc168

Postby aasoror » March 7th, 2012, 1:54 pm

Turned out Amazon is currently being worked with for the MIR.
I would count Amazon out for now.
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby theheadsn » March 7th, 2012, 4:57 pm

yea which sucks because when I first bought this I thought it WAS under the $20 rebate, then having to return it for being DOA I was talking to Pios and was told that they dont accept Amazon. Wouldnt be a problem if I didnt have the gift card for amazon in the first place haha

Owell no rebate for me I suppose. Its still worth the 80 bucks though 89.99 I think
theheadsn

Return to RMA Support and Rebates