It is currently September 24th, 2017, 12:23 pm Advanced search

Nightlies

Questions, Comments and Feedback

Nightlies

Postby zapper222 » January 10th, 2014, 7:15 am

Something that has always had me curious, why doesn't Pivos provide builds of nightlies?
Speedsters builds are just straight git pulls, no modifications, why do we have to rely on a forum member to provide the build for that code? :?
zapper222
TOFUer

Re: Nightlies

Postby aasoror » January 10th, 2014, 8:11 am

Empowering users and promoting community involvement, its a mission :).
Pivos did provide a step by step compilation guide as well as addressed most of the "trying to compile but stuck" questions users had. It goes along the lines of "give a man a fish" ;)
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby zapper222 » January 10th, 2014, 12:14 pm

I like that idea, but IMHO a Pivos supplied build would perhaps remove some of the confusion experienced by some users.
The real tinkerers could then make changes to the basic code and run the build your own sort of thing....as toys4me has done.
AND....since I am on the soapbox......you could then post the address for the Pivos nightly the same way you post the official builds instead of in your signature......it may make things clearer.....just a thought.

Could you point me in the direction of the step by step guile please.....and especially the "trying to compile but stuck" section.....I would like to become EMPOWERED !!! :evil:
zapper222
TOFUer

Postby aasoror » January 10th, 2014, 12:42 pm

zapper222 » January 10th, 2014, 2:14 pm wrote:Could you point me in the direction of the step by step guile please.....and especially the "trying to compile but stuck" section.....I would like to become EMPOWERED !!! :evil:

compile guide (XBMC-Linux): viewtopic.php?f=27&t=981
compile guide (XBMC-Android): viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2966
And for nightlies, Pivos will be repacking the latest 12.2 nightlies (Android/Linux) as official builds to end the confusion.
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Return to General Comments and Questions