It is currently April 27th, 2017, 5:24 pm Advanced search

Pivos Vue Lightpack

Questions, Comments and Feedback

Pivos Vue Lightpack

Postby vanity » December 27th, 2016, 11:30 am

Hi all I did some searching but didnt see anything recent regarding the Lightpack.

Unfortunately I was under the impression that this product was a standalone plug and play unit for ambient lighting for an entertainment system (TV+PS4) I have recently learned that is not the case. I have looked at several YT videos of how others got the unit to work but mostly all utilize it for a PC. I am looking to get this product to work via a TV and a PS4. I have 4-5 different media devices for the TVs throughout my home (ie... Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast) I am really not interested in getting another, plus I am not a fan of the Xios UI. From what I have read I could still make this lightpack work on my entertainment setup if I were to utilize a Raspberry Pi as the computer running the software that reads the color from the TV and processes it to the Lightpack lights. Is this accurate? Are there any other systems that could be used to do this? If I were to use the Xios DS would I still be able to utilize my PS4 and get the ambient lighting with the PS4? if so than I could just utilize it and continue to use my PS4 as my media player for that TV system.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks
vanity

Re: Pivos Vue Lightpack

Postby aasoror » December 27th, 2016, 7:24 pm

Hello Vanity,
Well, its a USB device not an HDMI device, so you will need support on the OS level of whatever device you will hock it up to for it work. Only XIOS XS is officially supported.
Now going third party, not specifically sure about raspi but whatever works for the original woodenshark LP "should" work for the VUE LP.

As for the DS standalone, it is a no go. For Pivos boxes, its just the XS (either TOFUOS or Kodi 15.x based TOFULinux).

As for cascading a PS4 with a DS (assuming a DS works), still a no go, as main playback must be done on the device to which the LP is connected.

Sorry about the inconvenience, if there is any of the Pivos published advertising material contributed to your impression please point it out and we will get it corrected ASAP.

Happy Holidays :)
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby vanity » December 29th, 2016, 6:27 pm

If you go to Amazon and search for Pivos Lightpack it says right there in the description that "XIOS XS is NOT REQUIRED".

https://www.amazon.com/Pivos-Vue-Lightpack-50-TV/dp/B00TGBANUG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1483060822&sr=8-2&keywords=lightpack

Really wish someone would come out with a plug and play ready to go system for ambient lighting to the TV. I get it trying to push another media player device out to consumers but makes it extremely frustrating for gamers to not be able to get this feature.

Thanks for the reply.
vanity

Postby aasoror » December 29th, 2016, 8:05 pm

vanity » December 29th, 2016, 8:27 pm wrote:If you go to Amazon and search for Pivos Lightpack it says right there in the description that "XIOS XS is NOT REQUIRED".

https://www.amazon.com/Pivos-Vue-Lightpack-50-TV/dp/B00TGBANUG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1483060822&sr=8-2&keywords=lightpack

True, but right above that it says
• Sets up in a few minutes with XIOS XS or Prismatik software
• Free Prismatik software is for PC, Mac, or Linux users

And in the description below the title
Works with PC, Mac, or Linux with free Prismatik Software

And in the detailed description
It's also compatible with the Prismatik software for PC/Mac/Linux.

Connect mutliple units with Prismatik software or use one with the XIOS XS Media Player.

Really wish someone would come out with a plug and play ready to go system for ambient lighting to the TV. I get it trying to push another media player device out to consumers but makes it extremely frustrating for gamers to not be able to get this feature.

I hear you, but thats "Console gamers" you mean (as PC gamers can take advantage of it using Prismatik software), issue with console is that you either need native support by the console or you need a powerful enough HDMI passthrough device that would intercept the frames as as they pass between the console and the display, process them and set the ambient light accordingly in real-time.
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby xiosfan » February 26th, 2017, 10:21 pm

How can I get the Vue lightpack to work on other non pivos android boxes and other versions of android?

Prismatik's software only gives mood lighting and not the full capability of the lightpack that it has on the XS.
xiosfan
Dedicated

Postby aasoror » February 27th, 2017, 1:44 am

xiosfan » February 27th, 2017, 12:21 am wrote:How can I get the Vue lightpack to work on other non pivos android boxes and other versions of android?

Prismatik's software only gives mood lighting and not the full capability of the lightpack that it has on the XS.

You can't, support needs to be done on the OS device drivers itself, so if the device doesn't have such support built into the OS you can do nothing about it.
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Return to General Comments and Questions