It is currently October 25th, 2014, 10:27 am Advanced search

arabic subtitle not working properly

General questions, FAQs about AIOS HD Media Center

arabic subtitle not working properly

Postby saeed1979 » November 13th, 2011, 6:50 am

Hi all

Dear pivos compeny ,, there is a problem with the Arabic subtitle - srt.
when displayed in the screen .. There is spaces between letters
i saved the srt file in Unicode and in UTF-8 ... but still have bad subtitle !!

Any Help Please .. Thank you ..
saeed1979

Re: arabic subtitle not working properly

Postby aasoror » November 13th, 2011, 9:51 am

saeed1979 wrote:Hi all

Dear pivos compeny ,, there is a problem with the Arabic subtitle - srt.
when displayed in the screen .. There is spaces between letters
i saved the srt file in Unicode and in UTF-8 ... but still have bad subtitle !!

Any Help Please .. Thank you ..

Development is aware of this bug.
Currently there is no solution unless you want to convert the subs from srt to idx/sub (using txt2vob).
The AIOS wiki - The AIOS Semiofficial firmwares
Calling upon ALL AIOSers, your feedback is needed -- Calling upon ALL XIOSers, your feedback is needed
XIOS XBMC: Setup -- Keep the annoying XIOS developers happy, always attach a log with your bug report, here is how.
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby 1reddeath » November 15th, 2011, 10:15 am

Hello
Me too i have same problem with arabic subtitle so bad subtitle u should fix it this problem with new firamwaer im angrey so much :cry: coz i read this proudect have Arabic langhuch plaese Pivos Group Co. fix this mistake let us happy same u with New Aios Hd Media Center and thanks u guys for read this message :)
1reddeath

Postby aasoror » November 15th, 2011, 10:22 am

1reddeath wrote:
Hello
Me too i have same problem with arabic subtitle so bad subtitle u should fix it this problem with new firamwaer im angrey so much :cry: coz i read this proudect have Arabic langhuch plaese Pivos Group Co. fix this mistake let us happy same u with New Aios Hd Media Center and thanks u guys for read this message :)

Where did you read that this product support Arabic subs ? I hope its not on pivos website this is a mistake and the info should be corrected please link the page with this info.

Meanwhile while waiting for the firmware fix you can use the free program txt2vob, which will take your arabic sub file and produce a compatible idx/sub file that would run fine on the AIOS.

Best of luck,
Calling upon ALL AIOSers, your feedback is needed -- Calling upon ALL XIOSers, your feedback is needed
XIOS XBMC: Setup -- Keep the annoying XIOS developers happy, always attach a log with your bug report, here is how.
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby 1reddeath » November 15th, 2011, 12:46 pm

Hello

i Email ur Pivos Technology Group Inc. - Amazon Marketplace

and this message

Mohammad,
The unit does support Arabic. As far as translation.. I think it's mostly adequate. Of course, this is probably best to tell by the user who speaks that language. We do have more than 10 different languages built in to this unit, and so far no one has complained the language translations yet.

Hope this helps. Should you have any other questions, feel free to contact us at any time.
1reddeath

Postby aasoror » November 15th, 2011, 2:14 pm

1reddeath wrote:Hello

i Email ur Pivos Technology Group Inc. - Amazon Marketplace

and this message

Its unfortunate that you were misinformed, Arabic subs was reported not to work even prior to the release of this product.

Setting UTF-8 on the setup doesn't work (shows characters disjoint), and latest firmware has an Arabic encoding setting that is selectable from the setup menu, but isn't available for the Subtitle menu that pops up during the playback, which makes the dedicated Arabic encoding setting non-existing.

These bugs were reported very promptly to pivos, and I really am sorry again that someone from pivos unintentionally misinformed you about Arabic support.

once more this should be sorted out, meanwhile you can use txt2vob for Arabic (or any unsupported language).

Best of luck,
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby 1reddeath » November 16th, 2011, 12:38 am

Hello
You support translation of the Arabic language in the near future?

I hope the fact that there is support for this language in order to enjoy watching movies translated

And thanks u Pivos Group Inc. for answer me .
1reddeath

Postby saeed1979 » November 18th, 2011, 7:41 pm

Its written on the RETAIL BOX that it support Arabic !!!!
saeed1979

Postby aasoror » November 18th, 2011, 8:16 pm

saeed1979 wrote:Its written on the RETAIL BOX that it support Arabic !!!!

The language support referenced on the box is for the interface, Arabic interface is supported and can be used from the setup menu.

For Arabic subtitle support: as I pointed earlier to you.

aasoror wrote:Development is aware of this bug.
Currently there is no solution unless you want to convert the subs from srt to idx/sub (using txt2vob).

Thanks for understanding,
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby Pivos_Z » November 21st, 2011, 5:49 pm

Correct.. this is referred to the UI, not the subs. We are adding a couple more subs into the library, so stay tuned.
Pivos_Z
Pivos Employee

Return to General Questions