It is currently October 15th, 2018, 6:05 pm Advanced search

Login Fail

General questions, FAQs about AIOS HD Media Center

Login Fail

Postby jjis » March 2nd, 2016, 12:30 pm

I keep getting login fail errors with my AIOS. It will work, then if I try again 30 min, one hour later it wil fail. The password is blank, when I try to enter the PC password I get "login fail". Only thing that fixes it is restarting the computer.

Happens with Windows 7, 8, 10. In the homegroup, out of the homegroup. Tried different firmwares and still get the login erros

Is there a fix for this?
jjis

Re: Login Fail

Postby aasoror » March 7th, 2016, 8:51 am

If its something that is cleared up by rebooting your other end, then its probably related to your other end (or something along the networking path).
How are you exposing the shares ? Give WSM a try http://www.jankamp.com/windows-share-manager/ it will make sure windows shares are configured properly (permission wise).
Also it wont hurt rebooting your router.
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Re: Login Fail

Postby jjis » March 12th, 2016, 10:23 pm

aasoror » March 7th, 2016, 10:51 am wrote:If its something that is cleared up by rebooting your other end, then its probably related to your other end (or something along the networking path).
How are you exposing the shares ? Give WSM a try http://www.jankamp.com/windows-share-manager/ it will make sure windows shares are configured properly (permission wise).
Also it wont hurt rebooting your router.

OK, I'll try that.

Have another problem that might be related.

I have three PC's on my network. One store bought, the other two I built. The one i bought does not have the login fail problems. I have used the Windows Media server and Plex. The PC I bought can see both servers, but the two I built will sometimes see the servers and sometimes they won't

The only difference is the PC I built is used through a network switch and the other two are connected to the router

The router I have is a Comcast Gateway, if I do reset it the servers show up in UPNP. So I might get a new to see if it fixes the problem
jjis

Return to General Questions