It is currently October 15th, 2018, 7:37 pm Advanced search

Resovled: Piovs suddenly not recognizing harddrive

General questions, FAQs about AIOS HD Media Center

Resovled: Piovs suddenly not recognizing harddrive

Postby bmontana33 » March 28th, 2016, 5:35 am

Hello,

I haven't been on the forums in awhile as my pivos aios hd media center have been working fine for a few years now. I have 2 pivos, one that has all my tv shows on it, and one for all my movies. We are in the process of moving, and my wife (who is out of town) has one of the pivos with her and when powered on it is not recognizing the hard drive. I saw her this weekend and cannot figure out what is happening. I brought my other pivos with me to be safe (and I know was working as I watched a movie with it last week) and when I plugged that one in it didn't recognize the hard drive either.

My first thought was the hard drives got loosened in the move, so I pulled them out and re-inserted them, but neither are being recognized now. The pivos is stilling booting up, I just don't see any of my movie or tv show files. What could I be missing? It seems weird that both would randomly die at the same time when they have been working fine prior to the move.

Any thoughts are appreciated :)
bmontana33
Dedicated

Re: Piovs suddenly not recognizing harddrive

Postby aasoror » March 28th, 2016, 10:42 am

does the AIOS still recognizes your USB storage (flash or external drives) ?
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby bmontana33 » March 28th, 2016, 10:57 am

I don't have an external hard drive, just using an internal one. The pivos does recognize usb wifi dongle. But to make matters more confusing to me, I am now back home and took one of the pivos back with me, just plugged it in and it is now recognizing the hard drive. It doesn't make sense to me that it is working here and not there. I did try it on 2 different TV's there, not that that should matter, to no avail.
bmontana33
Dedicated

Postby aasoror » March 28th, 2016, 12:26 pm

Is that the same power adapter used in both locations ?
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby bmontana33 » March 28th, 2016, 12:42 pm

aasoror » March 28th, 2016, 2:26 pm wrote:Is that the same power adapter used in both locations ?

No. I just brought the second pivos with me and used the power adaptor that was there. That said, I know the other pivos (and power adaptor) were working here the last time I used them a few weeks ago.
bmontana33
Dedicated

Postby aasoror » March 28th, 2016, 1:29 pm

bmontana33 » March 28th, 2016, 3:42 pm wrote:
No. I just brought the second pivos with me and used the power adaptor that was there. That said, I know the other pivos (and power adaptor) were working here the last time I used them a few weeks ago.

The power adapter might have got broken during the move (that or the power outlet at the other house), seems to be the only logical scenario (box not getting enough amperage for the HDD to run).
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby bmontana33 » April 4th, 2016, 6:45 am

Thanks aasoror,

I was able to check the power cord I knew was working with my wife's pivos and the HDD booted up. Thanks for the insight. Now that I know what is wrong, I will just have to get a second power adaptor.
bmontana33
Dedicated

Postby aasoror » April 4th, 2016, 7:57 am

Good to know you got it sorted out bmontana :)
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Return to General Questions