It is currently October 15th, 2018, 7:20 pm Advanced search

Answered: New Developments?

General questions, FAQs about AIOS HD Media Center

Answered: New Developments?

Postby vicrod74 » May 1st, 2016, 5:52 am

Hi it's been a while since I posted.

I wanted to know if their are any new developments for AIOS? Or this is the end of life for this product?

It seems like everyone is jumping on the Android bandwagon these days. :lol:
vicrod74
Curious

Re: New Developments?

Postby aasoror » May 1st, 2016, 10:28 am

Hello vicrod74, good to hear back from you.
AIOS has been EOL many years ago. I am afraid AIOS-SO-FW- 3.0.1.7 R23.1 (from Jan 2014) is as good as it gets for the 2011 box.
Regards,
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Re: New Developments?

Postby vicrod74 » May 1st, 2016, 10:45 am

Ok thanks for the info AASOROR! :)

I'll be looking forward to new products in the future. :mrgreen:
vicrod74
Curious

Re: Answered: New Developments?

Postby Mick8 » June 22nd, 2016, 3:22 pm

Can I just say that I have seen other manufactures making boxes similar to the AIOS as recently as last year. I have not tried any of them as I think they are way over priced, but my point is, maybe pivos should consider a new aios type box where we can put in an internal hdd but update it to faster processor, more ram and a video card capable of newer video formats like hevc x.265 plus the older formats?

I know a lot of folks are turning to the smaller form factor android/Linux boxes but maybe the market for the aios type boxes is not dead yet. I've looked into nucs as a possible replacement for when my aios dies (hopefully not anytime soon) or becomes obsolete and they are not really that cheap, might as well just buy another computer. Most come out to 400 to 500 dollars whereas an aios type box with newer up to date specs, imho could sell well around the 200 dollar price range.

Mick.
Mick8
Dedicated

Return to General Questions