It is currently November 19th, 2018, 3:16 am Advanced search

AIOS-FW- 3.4.3.0: Discussion and Bug Report

General questions, FAQs about AIOS HD Media Center

AIOS-FW- 3.4.3.0: Discussion and Bug Report

Postby aasoror » June 8th, 2012, 4:03 pm

Hello All,
There will be a dedicated bug report and discussion thread for each firmware release.
If you have a bug or a concern you need an answer for please post in this thread.

When reporting a bug please note the following:
- Report any relevant information about your current setup (e.g. if you have picture related issue please list the model/make of your TV).
- Report how often is the bug reproducible and also the exact scenario to reproduce the bugs.

Once bugs are confirmed they will be listed in the OP so it would be easier for the development team to tackle our issues.
Thanks,

Firmware Release #: 3.4.3.0 BETA
Revision Date: 06/08/12

Download Link: HERE
Release Notes:
- New skin
- Revised A/V drivers
- Added shut-down timer

*This BETA was released to collect feedback on the reworked interface, several of the bugs carried over from earlier firmwares are still pending*.

Home Screens ...
Image Image Image Image Image

File Manager ...
Image Image Image ImageImage

Home guide, Setup and IMS ...
Image Image Image
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Re: AIOS-FW- 3.4.3.0: Discussion and Bug Report

Postby jsmiddleton4 » June 8th, 2012, 4:25 pm

I have to reload my now working NFS sharing script yes?

Here we go....installing now.
jsmiddleton4
Hardcore

Postby jsmiddleton4 » June 8th, 2012, 4:40 pm

When setting TV System to 1080P from HDMI Auto, the second screen, the first one is the do you really want to do this hit "OK" screen. Second one is "Apply Settings Immeadiately", something like that. The second screen/menu display is blank. Menu background comes up, no text on it.

Tried hitting arrow keys as if there were choices but nothing happens.

key tone still all lower case while other choices are caps/lower case so should be Key Tones to be consistent.

Miscellaneous runs out of so it displays as Miscellaneo

Icons on front screen for setup, etc., a bit small. Don't need to be way bigger. But do need to be a bit bigger. Edit: The icons for attached/connected devices. The ones above Setup, etc. Not the Setup/Play... ones.

The navigation in setup screens where you use the left to right buttons but you go up and down the options on the left, that is a bit disorienting. Would be better to cycle through them, hit "OK" for the one you want which then takes you to the options that you can set.

No workgroup name for Samba?

So Play-Movie is if Movies on hard drive?

The lingo is a bit unclear. Play, file could also be a file on the internal hard drive. Maybe Play then "Hard Drive" instead of "Movie" and then "Network" instead of "File"? Have to think about that one for a moment.

Same thing can be said for Photo, etc. What if photo's are on network drive?

BOOKMARK is BOOKMA.....

I'm not a Jukebox guy, at least not yet, but when I open it says Error opening /usr/local/bin/webkit_html/ipad/webkit_test.html: No such file or directory
jsmiddleton4
Hardcore

Postby jsmiddleton4 » June 8th, 2012, 5:21 pm

Home screen background images pretty. Looks like they have been moved in terms of the file structure. Where do they reside now if we want to change them?
jsmiddleton4
Hardcore

Postby anadigi » June 8th, 2012, 5:25 pm

I have just flashed the new firmware. The network speed seems faster as I cannot watch BD ISO with 100MB netowrk unless 1GB. Now I can!
I wish the default setup is with no click sound.
anadigi
Dedicated

Postby aasoror » June 8th, 2012, 5:28 pm

jsmiddleton4 » June 8th, 2012, 8:21 pm wrote:Home screen background images pretty. Looks like they have been moved in terms of the file structure. Where do they reside now if we want to change them?

You can't change them, that's the official "read only" arrangement, once I release a semiofficial update based on it I will rearrange the files to re-enable user skinning.
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby jsmiddleton4 » June 8th, 2012, 5:35 pm

Can we upload our custom files like the NFS shares script?
jsmiddleton4
Hardcore

Postby jsmiddleton4 » June 8th, 2012, 5:37 pm

Highlighting for movie picked not highlighted enough. Barely able to tell what I am selecting. Little box needs more contrast, something, brighter color...?

Only two samples/test of TV shows, no audio pop noted.
jsmiddleton4
Hardcore

Postby aasoror » June 8th, 2012, 5:45 pm

jsmiddleton4 » June 8th, 2012, 8:35 pm wrote:Can we upload our custom files like the NFS shares script?

Depending on each individual mod.
So for NFS you can still upload the script and it will work but it wont be picked up automatically you will need to add it manually to /usr/local/etc/rcS file for it to be executed at startup.
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby jsmiddleton4 » June 8th, 2012, 6:02 pm

Probably go back to previous R19 version and then test this beta one again on next release.
jsmiddleton4
Hardcore

Next

Return to General Questions