It is currently November 20th, 2018, 3:30 pm Advanced search

AIOS-FW- 3.4.3.0: Discussion and Bug Report

General questions, FAQs about AIOS HD Media Center

Re: AIOS-FW- 3.4.3.0: Discussion and Bug Report

Postby Danger » July 8th, 2012, 3:24 pm

vicrod74 » July 8th, 2012, 1:36 pm wrote:Donwload link is crawling like a snail. I get to 9 percent then it says network problem. Fix it! :evil:

Not sure what YOUR problem is but I show 6mins (16% complete) and counting down till file download is complete... What network problem?
Danger
Hardcore

Postby pivos_users » July 10th, 2012, 8:46 am

To whom it may concern,

There is no support of Unicode-UTF-8 (especially the Vietnamese Font) in the official 3.4.3.0 Beta version but the Semiofficial: AIOS-SO-FW- 3.0.1.7 supports it.

Can you include this support in the official loadbuild ?

Thanks,
KT
pivos_users

Postby aasoror » July 10th, 2012, 9:44 am

pivos_users » July 10th, 2012, 11:46 am wrote:To whom it may concern,

There is no support of Unicode-UTF-8 (especially the Vietnamese Font) in the official 3.4.3.0 Beta version but the Semiofficial: AIOS-SO-FW- 3.0.1.7 supports it.

Can you include this support in the official loadbuild ?

Thanks,
KT

Yup, should be included in semiofficial release based on this 3.4.3.0 (once Pivos releases a more stable version).
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby Keiko » July 13th, 2012, 11:56 am

aasoror, I may have missed it in an earlier post, but do you know when a more stable version will be released? I'm still using 3.0.1.7 and holding off until some of the bugs are worked out on this beta. Thanks!
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.
Keiko
Curious

Postby aasoror » July 13th, 2012, 1:46 pm

Keiko » July 13th, 2012, 2:56 pm wrote:aasoror, I may have missed it in an earlier post, but do you know when a more stable version will be released? I'm still using 3.0.1.7 and holding off until some of the bugs are worked out on this beta. Thanks!

Its still being worked on.
They "partially" fixed the movie wall "cover/poster" bug.
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby jsmiddleton4 » July 13th, 2012, 6:43 pm

At least that's progress.
jsmiddleton4
Hardcore

Postby BeemerBiker » July 14th, 2012, 7:11 am

Occasional stuttering of BluRay movies over the USB 2 port.

Want to report that a some of my BluRay movies stutter badly when played thru the USB 2 port. The same movies seem to play perfectly over the network when using their ISO image on my file server. I think the problem is the 1080p HD thru the USB 2 port. I tried using the USB 3 with an adapter to USB 2 thru a hub but was not successfully in getting the player to be recognized.

Network images always works: ISO images stored on a file server that were either cloned or main movie rips using DVDFab and played thru AIOS under 3.4.3.0 beta play just fine.

What sometimes works: A BluRay disk of the same (above fileserver) image that has both 1080 and 480 played using the USB 2 port. For example, Season 1, Disk 1 of Star Trek Original series. The bluray (compressed to 25gb from 50gb) stutters badly on starting up as CBS displays the trailer for the new(er) Star Trek movie. Once this trailer finishes the Episode list of STO is displayed and any of the 4 episodes play just fine from the top menu. Unfortunately, one has to wait out the high res trailer to finish as it stutters so badly that the disk stops turning and eventually times out and restarts your player.

What always works: Any DVD or a BluRay that has only the 480 stuff like Season 1 Disk 1 of "Lost" or Quantum Leap S1D1.

What does not work: High Res 1080HD such as Sherlock Holmes that was compressed from 50gb down to 25gb using DVDFab and then burned on a BD-R

What can work: High Res 1080HD such as the recent movie Limitless that was NOT compressed and was simply burned to BD-DL after cloning with DVDFab.

All of the above BluRay disks play fine thru the same samsung portable blu ray player when attached to an Asus EeePC 1015n using USB 2.

My guess is that the player's cpu cannot decode the video stream fast enough thru the USB2 interface. Since the same movies play just fine thru the network, there must be some buffering problem with the USB2 and/or the player where the ethernet is more efficient than the USB.

Any suggestions on how to get the USB3 port to connect to a USB2 player? The USB 3 is "OTG" and should switch to the correct mode when a device is connected. When I connected the AIOS and the player to a hub the AIOS asked if I wanted to make a computer connection. The player is not recognized no matter what option I selected. I was wondering if the USB3 was better than the USB2.

Put this bug, if it is one, way back on the and of the fix queue as I plan on using network most of the time.

Thanks for Looking!
BeemerBiker

Postby aasoror » July 14th, 2012, 11:35 am

BeemerBiker » July 14th, 2012, 10:11 am wrote:All of the above BluRay disks play fine thru the same samsung portable blu ray player when attached to an Asus EeePC 1015n using USB 2.

How is your BR drive getting its power ? is it via the same USB data cable ? or via external power brick ? I am just suspecting inadequate power (from the AIOS USB 2.0 ports), if you have a powered USB hub, have you tried that to power up your drive ?
Any suggestions on how to get the USB3 port to connect to a USB2 player?

You can't, the USB 3 port is DATA (slave) port, so its expecting a maser device (PC) to be connected to it so it can as a "mass storage device" to it, so if you connect it to a hub it will just act as a USB3 external drive enclosure for the HDD installed in the AIOS if any.
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby dpetr » July 21st, 2012, 12:01 pm

I very much like the UI in this release over the last official release. However, there's a problem which prevents me from using it. Most of my video files are in m2ts containers with h264 video and AC3 audio. They played fine on the last official release 3.0.1.7. They play about 5 seconds and then stop. All of them. I've had to revert back to 3.0.1.7.

On a related note, perhaps you can answer a question for me. On the official release 3.0.1.7, a scan of the internal hard drive populates avi, mkv, flv and dvd files into the "Video" section. No m2ts file makes it into the "Video" section. Is this by design? If not, how can I go about including these files into the "Video" section off of the main menu? Thanks in advance.
dpetr

Postby aasoror » July 21st, 2012, 2:15 pm

dpetr » July 21st, 2012, 3:01 pm wrote:I very much like the UI in this release over the last official release. However, there's a problem which prevents me from using it. Most of my video files are in m2ts containers with h264 video and AC3 audio. They played fine on the last official release 3.0.1.7. They play about 5 seconds and then stop. All of them. I've had to revert back to 3.0.1.7.

Can you send a problematic sample for testing ?

On a related note, perhaps you can answer a question for me. On the official release 3.0.1.7, a scan of the internal hard drive populates avi, mkv, flv and dvd files into the "Video" section. No m2ts file makes it into the "Video" section. Is this by design? If not, how can I go about including these files into the "Video" section off of the main menu? Thanks in advance.

You can't manually add that, but thats a good wishlist entry (have you verified m2ts is missed from 3.4.3.0 as well ?)
aasoror
Pivos Employee

PreviousNext

Return to General Questions