It is currently May 24th, 2018, 5:11 am Advanced search

AIOS-FW- 3.4.3.0: Discussion and Bug Report

General questions, FAQs about AIOS HD Media Center

Re: AIOS-FW- 3.4.3.0: Discussion and Bug Report

Postby dpetr » July 21st, 2012, 3:35 pm

Can you send a problematic sample for testing ?

Well, you know what? After I put the latest 3.4.3 back on, the mt2s files are now playing fine! Don't know what happened, but I suspect there never was an issue, just a system that needed restarting.

You can't manually add that, but thats a good wishlist entry (have you verified m2ts is missed from 3.4.3.0 as well ?)

Yes, m2ts files never get sent to the "Video" section on the new version as well. I'd sure appreciate it if you'd push that problem onto the wish list. Thanks.

Since I just got this device yesterday, I'm still sort of learning how to use it. The remote is frustrating. Hit a navigate button once and it jumps twice. It's quite touchy. Is there someplace on the forum that explains things like the "Jukebox" (what is it?) and how/if it is possible to create a shortcut to the Video folder on the local hard drive without having to, in my case, go to Play -> File-> HDD -> HDD://D: -> HDD/D:/Media -> HDD/D:/Media/Video (5 steps)?

Finally, thanks for the quick responce.
dpetr

Postby aasoror » July 21st, 2012, 4:16 pm

dpetr » July 21st, 2012, 6:35 pm wrote:Since I just got this device yesterday, I'm still sort of learning how to use it. The remote is frustrating. Hit a navigate button once and it jumps twice. It's quite touchy. Is there someplace on the forum that explains things like the "Jukebox" (what is it?) and how/if it is possible to create a shortcut to the Video folder on the local hard drive without having to, in my case, go to Play -> File-> HDD -> HDD://D: -> HDD/D:/Media -> HDD/D:/Media/Video (5 steps)?

Check the how-to subforum, everything is there ;)
Best of luck,
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby djfirestorm » July 25th, 2012, 11:44 pm

The main issue I am having is I have a 500GB internal 7200 RPM hard drive (SG) and when I plug in my 2.5" 160GB 5400 SG drive into the side (have not tried the back) it will not scan the hard drive for new files, and does not show up under USB in file explorer, yet when I use my 16GB Adada USB3 flash stick, it pops up fine. I am not sure if this is related to firmware or power, as this is a new box two days ago (I know my old one worked fine but I had a 2TB 5400 WD Green, and a completely different 2.5" portable drive...but that one is sitting at my place in Mexico so I am not able to check it out). Also, in general, even with my old proven AIOS, it has always had issues rescanning for new videos. Why is it you always have to scan the drive (even the internal one) EVERY time you boot it to see videos. If you do not, it shows No Media (or something like that). Also when you have existing media on a drive (usb or internal) often it will not show in the file or video menu (existing videos show and play fine), even when you force a re-scan. Sometimes I have to format them, and reload them from scratch, other times I can delete the .theater file? That I hope gets fixed, sometimes it can be a nightmare when you have guests over to watch a movie only to have to mess around for 30 minutes to get it to read NEW files.
djfirestorm

Postby aasoror » July 26th, 2012, 10:23 am

djfirestorm » July 26th, 2012, 2:44 am wrote: I am not sure if this is related to firmware or power

You can eliminate power related issues by connecting the box to an externally powered USB hub then connect your HDD to it.
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby djfirestorm » July 26th, 2012, 5:54 pm

aasoror » July 26th, 2012, 10:23 am wrote:You can eliminate power related issues by connecting the box to an externally powered USB hub then connect your HDD to it.

I will get back on this, I should have thought of that in the first place.
djfirestorm

Postby xbrav » July 26th, 2012, 6:09 pm

So far, only a minor issue:

The wallpaper says copyright Pivos Technolgoy.

Other than that, it's perfect.
xbrav

Postby bravetiger1964 » July 28th, 2012, 7:40 am

Just let Us choose the first screen image please and also to locate the bar at the bottom, center or top as we want. That's it. We can choose from our pictures.
bravetiger1964

Postby bravetiger1964 » July 28th, 2012, 7:49 am

I agree with changes to this, please make sure we see all options and only highlight the one we choose, don't disappear them, just use proper combination of colors. Similar situation when you have all the movies you cannot see where is located the cursor, please highlight properly. I have a 22" TV and honestly I will have to use a magnify glass. Instead of a row of 7 do less but bigger movie Icons.
bravetiger1964

Postby bravetiger1964 » July 28th, 2012, 8:02 am

aasoror » June 11th, 2012, 3:55 pm wrote:Home Screens ...
Image Image Image Image Image

File Manager ...
Image Image Image ImageImage

Home guide, Setup and IMS ...
Image Image Image

Let us choose the background image for the first screen, also the position of the bar that is blocking one of the most beautiful part of the picture, the bar should be able to be located at the bottom, top or center. Also don't disappears the options in it, yes highlight only the chosen option while you can see the others.

In screens like movies don't try showing too many icons per row, instead less but bigger and solve one time the problem of highlighting using a thicker frame and color. The icons by the way should stretch the content of the file named folder.jpg to it size, in order to occupy a bigger area. By the way if the file folder.jpg is hidden please don't show it. Not everybody has a 50" screen, Mine is 22".

Guys you disappear totally the feature of subtitles in this Beta release (It doesn't read subtitles from files any more, and also the adjustment of font size and position is not available any more). My family is Spanish and subtitles are very important for us.

In applications sections, there is a lot of redundancy for example the radio stations some of the icons are not necessary Why 2 youtube, can you add to it telemundo.com specifically (Caso cerrado y Novelas). Or just allow us to put a particular web page where we play videos like youtube, for example:

Allow us to disappear all those icons we don't need or use, for example I never use Yahoo weather or the one with Chinese characters, instead I will like to add customized pages by writing or pasting the URL link like:

http://msnlatino.telemundo.com/shows/Ca ... ado/videos

Since you consider a Jukebox in the next release, please Include an equalizer in it with at least 16kHz and 10 bands. Similar to Winamp.

Finally guys the playlist cannot be worst, please allow to do a multiple playlist including any type of file (picture, audio, video) of any location in the hard drive to play sequentially and allow to move up or down the items in the list. Allow to save the playlist anywhere we want. That is also unavailable in this BETA release.
Last edited by bravetiger1964 on July 28th, 2012, 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
bravetiger1964

Postby jsmiddleton4 » July 28th, 2012, 8:20 am

"highlighting using a thicker frame and color."

Even with R20 that is a problem. Some times can't tell what icon, etc., I'm selecting.

My understanding is this firmware can't be tweaked. Stuff is locked out or locked down in it that is not in the last R20. So things like moving the status bar out of the way, stuff like that, while possible can't be done with 3.4.3.0. When the new firmware is released however the tweaks that allow us to move stuff around and out of the way will be available.

I think there should be options for where it is displayed. Top, Center, Bottom. Same with applications menu. Move to the left, right, etc. I'd also like to not display icons for applications, etc., that I don't want.
jsmiddleton4
Hardcore

PreviousNext

Return to General Questions