It is currently July 28th, 2014, 9:36 pm Advanced search

Playback locks up

Discussions about Audio/ Video formats, encoding, backup and convert tips.

Re: Playback locks up

Postby jsmiddleton4 » March 7th, 2013, 8:13 am

Ext drive connected via USB?

I have NAS external drives and Battle Ship is fine. I use DVDFab as well but also played with some of the "free" applications to "unbranch" it and then make mkv. Did not have problem with playback either way.

Salt is another one that is branched up the wazoo.
jsmiddleton4
Hardcore
 
Posts: 883
Joined: May 21st, 2012, 8:25 pm

Re: Playback locks up

Postby Mavericks » March 9th, 2013, 6:37 pm

Has anybody seen this before? Do you ever have movies lock up and freeze making u flip power switch. The USB drive seems to stop and then u loose volume then video locks up. It's happened on 3 different hard drives I tried.
Mavericks
Curious
 
Posts: 27
Joined: February 26th, 2013, 12:14 pm

Re: Playback locks up

Postby Mavericks » March 12th, 2013, 8:00 am

It has done this now with a USB 3 3Tb, a USB 3 2Tb, and a USB 2 500 gig. It does play large MKV files, but seems to have issues with smaller mp4 (600 meg). Do I have a faulty unit and need to send it back? Or is the Aios not compatible with small files via USB with it's own power supply? One backup mp4 file that crashed repeatedly on the external hard drives did work via thumb drive. Opinions, before I return this unit and try another?
Mavericks
Curious
 
Posts: 27
Joined: February 26th, 2013, 12:14 pm

Re: Playback locks up

Postby aasoror » March 12th, 2013, 11:18 am

Mavericks » March 12th, 2013, 11:00 am wrote:It has done this now with a USB 3 3Tb, a USB 3 2Tb, and a USB 2 500 gig. It does play large MKV files, but seems to have issues with smaller mp4 (600 meg). Do I have a faulty unit and need to send it back? Or is the Aios not compatible with small files via USB with it's own power supply? One backup mp4 file that crashed repeatedly on the external hard drives did work via thumb drive. Opinions, before I return this unit and try another?


You shouldn't have power related problems with HDDs that are wall-powered. Some USB powered drives has higher "peak" power requirements than the AIOS can provide.
Are you sure that the HDD is not being scanned (indexed) during the playback (which might cause instability).
If the same problematic file works on one storage media but not the other then its storage media related. Have you scanned the HDD for errors ?
The AIOS wiki - The AIOS Semiofficial firmwares
Calling upon ALL AIOSers, your feedback is needed -- Calling upon ALL XIOSers, your feedback is needed
XIOS XBMC: Setup -- Keep the annoying XIOS developers happy, always attach a log with your bug report, here is how.
User avatar
aasoror
Pivos Employee
 
Posts: 11867
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 5:18 pm

Re: Playback locks up

Postby Mavericks » March 12th, 2013, 6:49 pm

How do I find out if it is being scanned or has errors? They are all wall power units that vary in age. All have the same issue regardless of hdd size. I just tried another smaller file and it locked up also. That was after successfully watching a larger MKV file.
Mavericks
Curious
 
Posts: 27
Joined: February 26th, 2013, 12:14 pm

Re: Playback locks up

Postby aasoror » March 12th, 2013, 7:41 pm

Mavericks » March 12th, 2013, 9:49 pm wrote:How do I find out if it is being scanned or has errors? They are all wall power units that vary in age. All have the same issue regardless of hdd size. I just tried another smaller file and it locked up also. That was after successfully watching a larger MKV file.

If the HDD is being scanned you should see a status message at the home screen, press "STOP" (official) or "RED" (SO R21) at home screen to stop any scanning going on.
Then try watching your file.
The AIOS wiki - The AIOS Semiofficial firmwares
Calling upon ALL AIOSers, your feedback is needed -- Calling upon ALL XIOSers, your feedback is needed
XIOS XBMC: Setup -- Keep the annoying XIOS developers happy, always attach a log with your bug report, here is how.
User avatar
aasoror
Pivos Employee
 
Posts: 11867
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 5:18 pm

Re: Playback locks up

Postby Mavericks » March 12th, 2013, 8:02 pm

I will give it a shot, but how would I know it started scanning while the movie is playing. It locks up. It doesn't say scanning HHD before I watch. I usually don't do anything while it is scanning. I wait for the notification to go away.
Mavericks
Curious
 
Posts: 27
Joined: February 26th, 2013, 12:14 pm

Re: Playback locks up

Postby aasoror » March 12th, 2013, 8:09 pm

Mavericks » March 12th, 2013, 11:02 pm wrote:I will give it a shot, but how would I know it started scanning while the movie is playing. It locks up. It doesn't say scanning HHD before I watch. I usually don't do anything while it is scanning. I wait for the notification to go away.


Well, if you set "Auto Scanning" to "OFF"
And stop scanning at startup, then you should good.
The AIOS wiki - The AIOS Semiofficial firmwares
Calling upon ALL AIOSers, your feedback is needed -- Calling upon ALL XIOSers, your feedback is needed
XIOS XBMC: Setup -- Keep the annoying XIOS developers happy, always attach a log with your bug report, here is how.
User avatar
aasoror
Pivos Employee
 
Posts: 11867
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 5:18 pm

Re: Playback locks up

Postby Mavericks » March 12th, 2013, 8:19 pm

I was so excited but when I got into the setup screen it was already set to "auto scan off". Any other ideas?
Mavericks
Curious
 
Posts: 27
Joined: February 26th, 2013, 12:14 pm

Re: Playback locks up

Postby aasoror » March 12th, 2013, 8:26 pm

Mavericks » March 12th, 2013, 11:19 pm wrote:I was so excited but when I got into the setup screen it was already set to "auto scan off". Any other ideas?

Still, press stop at the green button on home screen then try playback.
The AIOS wiki - The AIOS Semiofficial firmwares
Calling upon ALL AIOSers, your feedback is needed -- Calling upon ALL XIOSers, your feedback is needed
XIOS XBMC: Setup -- Keep the annoying XIOS developers happy, always attach a log with your bug report, here is how.
User avatar
aasoror
Pivos Employee
 
Posts: 11867
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 5:18 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Audio/ Video Formats & Encoding

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest