It is currently April 26th, 2017, 12:32 pm Advanced search

Question on Kodi 17.1

Everything related to running TOFU for Linux on XIOS DS

Question on Kodi 17.1

Postby zebraitis » April 1st, 2017, 7:43 am

Hi folks,

Is Pivos considering a TofuLinux-DS version of KODI 17.1?

- If so, any idea on a potential release date?

- If not, any migration suggestions?

No question: I have really enjoyed these DX M3 boxes, but if we have reached end-of-life, then knowing that would be good as well.

Thanks.
zebraitis
Hardcore

Re: Question on Kodi 17.1

Postby aasoror » April 1st, 2017, 1:42 pm

zebraitis » April 1st, 2017, 9:43 am wrote:Hi folks,

Nope

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Emby_for_Kodi
For database, Emby will keep 16.1 builds integrated in heterogeneous setups for foreseeable future. For addons, 16.1 addon support is still going strong for the time being.
For alternative hardware check Kodi.tv forums, there is an official thread for "what hardware to get".
Good luck
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby zebraitis » April 18th, 2017, 7:41 am

Thanks for the reply Aasoror,

Question re:
For alternative hardware check Kodi.tv forums, there is an official thread for "what hardware to get".

Is Pivos getting out of the hardware business?

re: Emby...

I gave Emby a shot, and generally it wasn't bad. It's not as responsive as MySQL, and there is less user input / customization available. If you like Emby to have control over posters and Fanart, and take a while to find added media, it is OK. Generally, if I HAD to use it, I could.

However, surprisingly, it wasn't Emby that held me back, or my now out-to-pasture DS... the real challenge is KODI 17.1 itself.

KODI 17 was released, and it had challenges with profiles. Even though this was brought to their attention in January, they rolled out 17.1 "stable" with the same issue. In short, a created profile does not allow for any add-ons to be added.

I discovered this when I wanted to change skins from their new skins to Xonfluence. Could not do it.

So, looks like I'll be staying on 16.1 until 18.x is out with the real fix.

Thanks for your support over the years.

v.
zebraitis
Hardcore

Postby zeus » April 21st, 2017, 1:51 pm

zebraitis » April 1st, 2017, 6:43 am wrote:Hi folks,

- If so, any idea on a potential release date?

No question: I have really enjoyed these DX M3 boxes, but if we have reached end-of-life, then knowing that would be good as well.

Thanks.

I believe the chipset is not compatible with 17.1 which has hindered many of the android 4.4's. Correct me if I am wrong. Now Pivos has their own super programmer but with the price of good octocore boxes running from 49.99 most have abandoned pivos for the cheaper models. I do miss the powerful little boxes with great support though!
zeus
TOFUer

Return to TOFULinux on XIOS DS