It is currently June 22nd, 2018, 1:41 pm Advanced search

Smb share

Network questions about connecting, sharing and streaming with your XIOS XS Media Play

Smb share

Postby btempleton » March 10th, 2018, 9:10 am

I'm having a strange issue with my smb share from windows 10.

Previously, I had my pc and xios connected to my lan via wired ethernet. Xios could see my windows shares fine.

Then my setup changed and I had both connected via wifi. That also worked. Xios could see my windows shares.

Now, I'm trying to connect my pc via wired ethernet and my xios via wifi. Suddenly the xios can't see my windows shares anymore. If I switch the pc back to wifi, it works again. But only if I re-add the source, and I have to do it via the add network location... And only by ip address. The windows network (smb) option gives me error 2 share not available.

Is this a known issue? Is there some way to get it to work with one wired connection and one wireless?

Thanks

Also... When I try to add a source using smb share, now I get error 2 share not available. Every other time I've moved my setup, I just plugged everything back in at the new location and it just worked again. Not this time for some reason.
btempleton

Return to Networking & Sharing